Home | Login
| Contact

Bring Children to the Snow reaches 1000 Organisers Globally


Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oberhofen, 1 February 2017 - In 2009 Bring Children to the Snow launched the SnowKidz program with just 9 Organisers in 5 countries. In 2012 the first World Snow Day was staged with 225 events by 203 Organisers in 35 countries. Now in 2017 the Bring Children to the Snow campaign has officially reached 1000 registered Organisers in 45 countries.

FIS President Gian Franco Kasper remarked “Since 2007 we had the simple vision of just bringing children to the snow. To see 1000 organisations sharing this vision and staging events to bring children to the snow is both remarkable, humbling and a very positive sign for the future”

The 1000 Bring Children to the Snow Event Organisers are split between the two programs that make up the campaign SnowKidz and World Snow Day. At present 16% of the Organisers stage events under the banner of both programs while the remaining 84% are split into 403 SnowKidz Organisers and 437 World Snow Day Organisers. Together these Organisers to date have staged over 4000 events. With the upcoming edition of World Snow Day (15th January 2017) and SnowKidz still having four months of northern hemisphere winter ahead it is expected the number of events will exceed 4500 by the end of season 2016/2017.

Looking at the support for the 1000 Organisers, FIS along with its partners Audi, Best of the Alps, Eurosport, Infront Sports and Media, The European Broadcasting Union, The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry and Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry have reached some considerable results. To date over 4’500 minutes of World Snow Day footage has been broadcast on global television, over 188 tonnes of equipment and material has been distributed to Organisers free of charge, more than 11 million persons have visited the World Snow Day and SnowKidz websites and in season a million persons a reached daily through social media.

Looking ahead FIS is very committed to Bring Children to the Snow campaign. Further support are currently in development including and enhanced Awards program, further materials for distribution to Organisers and more free digital tools to help Organisers plan, stage, activate and communicate their events.

About FIS
FIS is the governing body for international skiing and snowboarding, founded in 1924 during the first Olympic Games in Chamonix, France. Recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), FIS manages the Olympic disciplines of Alpine Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing, Ski Jumping, Nordic Combined, Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding, including setting the international competition rules. Through its 128 member nations, more than ’500 FIS ski and snowboard competitions are staged annually. Specific initiatives are undertaken by FIS to promote snow activities as a healthy leisure recreation, notably for the young. For more information, please visit www.fis-ski.com.

Archive

Prince Snow Kids 30 November 2018
The Prince Snow Kids Program returns for season 2018/2019 [>> more]